Elly and Nora Creative is looking for a full-time Junior Copywriter to join our team. This Phoenix-based position is hybrid virtual with some in-person expectations.
The Junior Copywriter will be responsible for creating exceptional, clear, and strategic copy for a wide variety of projects and clients including websites, brand messaging, social media, email, and more.
Since Elly and Nora is a boutique agency with a small team, this position requires hands-on experience and creative input that other agencies don’t offer with entry-level positions.
This is the perfect position for someone who is excited to join a fast-growing company and is ready to jump in with a positive attitude, teamwork mindset, and desire to learn.
About Elly and Nora Creative
Elly and Nora Creative is a boutique branding, digital content, and publicity agency based in Phoenix, AZ.
We help purpose-driven businesses grow their income and impact.
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and creatives who love crafting brands and helping passionate entrepreneurs build businesses that seek to make a difference in the world.
Many of our clients are social enterprises, non-profits, coaches, authors, experts.
Listen Before Speaking
Listening to our clients and our colleagues is one of the best ways to put out good work and it’s just the right thing to do.
Integrity and Transparency
That’s technically two, but they work together. Our clients trust us with their businesses and livelihoods and we protect that with the utmost integrity.
The Best Idea Wins
It doesn’t matter if you’re the CEO or the intern, if your idea is the best, we roll with it. Creativity is inherent to every human and everyone deserves to be recognized for it.
Hard work and a commitment to the project will out-pace raw talent every single time. We reward and recognize it every chance we get.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand our roster of clients and their individual voice, tone, and content to execute copy that feels authentic and drives brand consistency across all company communications.
- Write social media copy captions, headlines, and hashtags for our clients across several platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Clubhouse, and TikTok.
- Write strategic copy for client websites and blogs.
- Craft copy for client email communications
- Interpret transcriptions from client meetings into compelling brand messaging according to agency prompts and guidelines.
- Partner with our SEO strategist to coordinate content deliverables and ensure copy meets SEO best practices.
- Coordination and collaboration with the design team to ensure the client deliverable needs are met.
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews as needed
- Coordination and formatting of blog and content updates on web platforms.
- Responsible for crafting creative briefs for our branding clients ensuring our graphic design team has what they need to execute the project successfully.
- Contribute to collective team insights around agency and client digital strategies.
- Editing and proofreading according to set standards.
- Client-specific communications tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience and understanding of content creation across multiple platforms.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Understanding of SEO best practices in copywriting
- Ability to recognize and execute brand consistency, voice, and tone for multiple clients across industries
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage priorities effectively
- Self-disciplined, resourceful, and independent
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute to a team collective
- Ability to work outside traditional workweek, as needed
- Responds well to feedback, remains coachable, and is excited to learn/ contribute
- Understands and respects client confidentiality and approaches every interaction with integrity
- Proficient in G-suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing communications and/or copywriting
- Must have a quality personal computer and phone as we don’t provide one
- Must be willing to sign a non-disclosure and non-compete agreement
- Work hours are generally flexible, but regular business hour availability is a requirement as this is a full-time position.
- Must be able to pass a background check
Time / Opportunity
- Start Date: July 2021
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- This is a full-time salaried position
- Compensation: $45,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Elly and Nora Creative is on a mission to serve businesses, entrepreneurs, and leaders who are making a difference in the world. As we join hands with them in their important work, we believe that we have a responsibility to create a safe and equitable work environment for our own staff and contractors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and 3 examples of your work to sara@ellyandnoracreative with “Junior Copywriter” in the subject line.