If there are two factors that your website needs to be successful, it would be the following: conversion and traffic. As you might know, traffic is all about getting people to visit your website, while transformation is all about converting those visits to result in things like revenue or a step closer to such. As you can see, you need both to succeed, and you need to make the most out of both to ensure you are making the most out of your website.
That said, you might be here today with a dilemma: should you focus on traffic first or conversions first before building the other? Let’s figure out the cases for both situations:
Benefits of Building Traffic First before Conversion
If you choose traffic first, here’s why you should do so:
- It gives you a wider audience, which means more people viewing your website, which hopefully means more people converting.
- Traffic helps with branding. If people are curious about your website, they will spend more time on it, which means more time for them to interact with you and your brand. It helps build your credibility when this happens, and credibility is essential in attaining conversions.
- Traffic gives you a sense of how well-known your website is. If people are curious about your website, it’s a good sign that folks are looking for you. After all, you are in the business of connections, so this is a good thing.
- You can get insights from your traffic. You can figure out what’s working for you, what’s not working for you, and where to put more effort in.
- Traffic gives you a sense of how good your website is, in terms of design and content, and more.
Benefits of Building Conversion Rates First before Traffic
If you choose conversion first, here’s why you are doing so:
- You can have better and more targeted traffic. If you know what your visitors want and what they need, you can make your website so that it can cater to their needs and wants. And when this happens, they are more likely to stick around and eventually convert.
- You can have a clearer idea of who your audience is. This is very helpful in doing A/B testing and knowing what works for your audience. It saves you time and effort since you know what works for your audience, and you can put more effort into areas that are working for you.
- You can make more sales. The more you know about your audience, the more you can target them. This means more sales made, which translates to more money in your pocket.
- You can get insights from your conversion rate. This is just like traffic, you can figure out what’s working for you, what’s not working for you, and where to put more effort in.
- You can improve your website. If you know what’s working and what’s not, you can make the necessary changes to your website and improve your conversion rate.
So, which is a better option: traffic first or conversion first? Well, it’s hard to say since it’s a matter of opinion. However, if you had to choose, pick conversion. You can have more targeted traffic and get more insights from your conversion rate. This way, no matter the traffic you get, you can be sure that those who visit you are more than ready to convert and become customers. Then again, remember that your case may be different, so take the time to see where you’re lacking and strengthen from there!
Elly and Nora Creative is a boutique branding, content, and publicity agency. If you are looking for a marketing agency in Phoenix to help you maximize your online presence, work with us today!